On Windows Vista, Win7 and Win8 machines, mapped drives will sometimes not be properly restored when you restart the machine.
This can occur when trying to run MTrax ( or any other software ) that connects to a database over a mapped drive.
To resolve this issue, you should be logged into the computer with administrator rights.
You can either follow steps 1 through 7 below -OR- right dowload this file > EnabledLinkedConnections , save to your computer then unzip the file. After you have unzipped the file, double click on EnabledLinkedConnections.reg and choose ‘Merge’
After you have merged the file into your registry, restart your computer
If you want to modify your Registry manually, follow the steps below.
You will need to configure the registry setting “EnabledLinkedConnections” as described below;
1. Click ‘Start’, then type regedit into the Search box, and then press the ENTER key.
2. Locate the following registry subkey:
3. Right-click on the ‘System’ hive and select ‘New’, and choose ‘DWORD Value’.
4. Type EnableLinkedConnections and then press ENTER.
5. Right-click on ‘EnableLinkedConnections’ and select ‘Modify’.
6. In the ‘Value data’ box, replace the 0 with 1 , and then click ‘OK’.
7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.